City Government
   City Code of
& Fee Schedule
   Forms & Permits
   Community Center
   Fire Warden
   Fire & Rescue
   Important News
   Community Events
      & State Links
   Business Links
   Contact Us

-City of Ottertail-
Frequently Asked Questions

  • Where do I go to pay my utilities?
    • You can either mail your utility payment to the City Office addresses listed to the right or drop off  your payment at the same address during the listed office hours.
  • Where do I pay my property taxes?
    • Click here to visit the Otter Tail County Website for more information on where you can pay your property taxes.
  • Where do I go to request fuel assistance?
    • Click here to visit the Otter Tail County Website for more information on requesting fuel assistance.
  • What do I need to do to get a burning permit?
    • Click here for information on Ottertail Burning Permits.
  • Why do I need a zoning permit and where do I get one?
    • Click here for information on Ottertail zoning permits and to print a zoning permit form.  All commercial businesses must obtain a zoning permit for any building or remodeling. 

City Office Info:
239 Hwy 78 N.
PO Box 245
Ottertail, MN  56571
Phone: (218) 367-2250
Fax: (218) 367-2251

Hours of Operation:
  Mondays - Thursdays
      7:30am -12:30pm
      1:00pm - 4:30pm
      8:00am -12:00pm
Contact Numbers:
 City Hall
   (218) 367-2250
 Community Center
   (218) 367-2252
   (218) 367-2251
 Sheriff's Dept
   (218) 998-8555

Meeting Info:
January - December:
  No morning meetings
  3rd Thursday of each
     month - 7:00pm

Click here for more information.

 2016 City of Ottertail, Minnesota

Due to the possibility of unauthorized changes to electronic data, problems with transmission of content, browser incompatibilities, and other aspects of Internet transmission beyond the control of the City staff, information contained on this site should not be considered suitable for legal purposes.